- King Harold on Shrek 2 jumps in front of Shrek when the Fairy Godmother shoots her wand at the ogre. The spell bounces off his armor and hits her, turning her into a mass of bubbles. Rather than killing Harold, the spell just turns him into a frog, which is what he really was to begin with.
- The Incredibles has Mirage trying to pull this on Syndrome when Mr. Incredible, consumed with grief with the possible death of his entire family, and enraged at Syndrome shooting down their plane, lunges at him while confined to energy wires. Syndrome repays her by daring Mr. Incredible to kill her when he claims that he could crush her like a toothpick.
- The first Ice Age movie has Diego taking the blow for Manny during the battle
- Anna does this in Frozen when Hans is about to cut down her sister, Elsa, with a sword. She rushes over in the nick of time while turning into solid ice. Instead of shattering from his sword, it's the sword that shatters and it knocks him backwards.
- In The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, after the Hulk saves New York City from Graviton, Iron Man gets between the Hulk and the Hulkbusters and insists that the Hulkbusters go through him. The rest of the Avengers-to-be follow suit.
- SpongeBob SquarePants:
Spongebob: "Sandy, if you wanna go after that worm, you're gonna have to go through me!" At which point Sandy lazily (and literally) does pass through him, splitting his sponge body into two western bar saloon-like door halves.
- At the end of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Will Turner does this to protect (Captain) Jack Sparrow. Then Elizabeth Swann does it to protect him. Probably because it didn't look like the people he was stopping were convinced.
- Done in the first Spider-Man film: When Goblin pulls the Sadistic Choice on Spider-Man, the crowd throws things at him, distracting him for long enough for Spider-Man to catch his breath. One shouts "You mess with Spidey, you mess with New York! You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!"
Subverted in Spider-Man 2: A crowd on a subway car try to do the same thing to Doc Ock: he grins, says "Very well" and shoves them up against the subway walls.