- •Played straight in Toy Story 2. When breaking through a vent that's been screwed shut, the fake Buzz tells everyone to "use your head". Cut to a shot of them running down the vent with Rex as a battering ram as he yells "But I don't wanna use my head!" Justified in that Rex is a toy and technically has no biological brain that can be damaged.
- Subverted in the "outtake" of this scene where the grate is on too tight, and all of them just bash against it. Ow indeed.
- In Disney's Hercules, Hercules lands his first attack on the centaur Nessus in this manner after Phil tells him to "use your head!"
Phil: Not bad, kid! Not exactly what I had in mind, but not bad...
- Princess Fiona's mother does this to walls twice in Shrek the Third. The second time she does it leaves her understandably disorientated. And humming "My Favorite Things".
- Discussed by one of the Viking kids in How to Train Your Dragon, though he doesn't get to actually do it. "I will cut off the legs of every dragon I see. With my face." Also discussed by Stoick.
Stoick: When I was a boy, my dad told me to bang my head against a rock, and I did it! I thought he was crazy, but I didn't question him. And do you know what happened? Gobber: You got a headache. Stoick: That rock split in two!